16/07/2014

Product review: Black dog wear whippet collar




Rory got this new collar from Black dog wear

It features and adjustable webbing body in black and green, with a wide padded area on the front to protect delicate whippet necks. 
This martingale function minimizes the chances of the dog backing out of the collar. But because of this, it shouldn't be used as an all day tag collar or it may become dangerous. Although it does have a plastic ring for hanging tags off and the metal D ring on the martingale area is for attaching the leash to.
The collar is very well made and reasonably priced. It comes with a 6 month guarantee.



It looks really great too!
When walking, it was super secure and strong. 


Whilst we here at Zippy the Whippet do love this collar we were not paid to do this post, we bought the collar with ourselves and all opinions are our own. 





9 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Hehe, this is Zippy's partner in crime Rory, they both share the same past time of being cute, speedy and somewhat naughty :)

      Delete
  2. Zippy does look very nice in the collar and the gorgeous coat! I've never used that type of collar before. Thanks for the information.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, this is sometimes called a sighthound or greyhound collar is it stops them backing out of a regular collar with their narrow neck and head.

      Delete
  3. Nice new collar! Love it!
    Thanks for linking up with us today on Thoughtless Thursday!
    ღ husky hugz ღ frum our pack at Love is being owned by a husky!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great looking collar! We have never heard or used it before but since we have Bully breeds, we have thick necks so this is not an issue. No one has ever accused my dog of having a sleek or narrow neck, BOL!
    Great information on a product I'm sure many can use but that wouldn't be us. It is always great to learn more about breeds and products for specific issues they face.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. BOL I think bully breeds have the opposite of a whippet neck. Hehe. It's so great that there are so many breed specific products out there.

      Delete
    2. Yep, Whippets are the giraffes of the dog world - Long skinny necks. Hehe. :)

      Delete
  5. Crikey Zippy .... I wrote a comment here before and I can't remember what I said. I mustn't have noticed the captiony thingoe and it didn't get posted. I got very excited when I saw you show up on a comment somewhere and had to come visit. You're a WHIPPET! I'm a whippet too. I've got lots of friends now in Blogville but I haven't got any whippet friends. Can we be friends ...... PLEASE!! Where do you and Rory live? Can it be Australia??? I thought it may be because of your black dog collar. I've got one of those too. Matter of fact I've got lots of them and leads and treat bags. Black dog gear is the BEST, aye?? Crikey I sure hope we can be good mates!!!

    ReplyDelete