19/08/2014

Tasty Tuesday: Apple and Honey Dog Biscuits

These biscuits are sure to go down a treat with the pups!
 For this recipe you will need:
Cookie cutters
1 cup of rice flour
1 teaspoon of honey
1/3 cup of apple sauce (just apples nothing added)
2 tablespoons of coconut oil
1 egg
1 or more hungry dogs

Preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius or 350 degrees Fahrenheit
Line some baking trays
Mix all ingredients together
Roll into a dough
Cut shapes
Bake for 10-15 minutes or until golden brown
Yum!
There was enough left over dough to make training treats, I just cut these pieces with a knife, make sure to cut them to the size needed before cooking them because they can be fiddly to break up while training


Yep, these earned the whippet seal of approval! 













10 comments:

  1. we can add to your hungry dogs :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those look so awesome! I definitely want to try this recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those treats sound yummy and they look nice and big, just the way we like them! We can't wait to try this recipe! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yummy! I agree with Miley, they look big, healthy, and crunchy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Whoa! Those look super yummy! You are so lucky to get to eat those...I am drooling over them.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Crikey honey and apple ...... that sure sounds good. I tried the banana ones. they were great. I'm going to annoy Mum until she makes these for me. I LOVE apple.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey Rory .... I nominated you for 'a most influenshal blogger award'. You can collect it here:
    http://charliedownunderinoz.blogspot.com.au/2014/08/my-most-influenshal-blogger-award.html. Sorry but my Secretary is technically challenged so you will have to copy and paste it. She couldn't do the linky thing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Charlie!
      Let your secretary know that it's ok
      :)

      Delete
  8. Me ha gustado tu bloc, he encontrado cosas muy interesantes, te invito a visitar el mío esta semana mesas marineras, restaurantes curiosos y una receta refrescante espero que te gusten mis propuestas y me encantaría que si no eres seguidora te hicieras para seguir compartiendo nuestros blogs
    Elracodeldetall.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete