05/08/2014

Tasty Tuesday: Swimmingly Good Sardine and Carrot Treats

These treats are at the height of deliciousness for dogs. Rory seems to thing sardines are the best thing since dog cookies. 

To make this recipe you will need:
1 tin of sardines
1 cup of grated carrot
1 cup of rice flour
1 egg
Willing taste tester (this time I think only a dog would want to be the taste tester ...) 

Preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius or 350 degrees Fahrenheit
Mix ingredients together
 
 Roll mix into balls

Bake for 10-15 minutes or until golden brown



This is like dog torture!
Finally

14 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Of course, it has the whippet seal of approval

      Delete
  2. Crikey ..... bet the kitchen smelled good while they were cooking, aye??
    I'm a willin' tester!! Muuuuuuuuuuuum ...... start cooking!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mmmmm the kitchen ALWAYS smells good. - Rory

      Delete
  3. I confess, I'm not keen on the smell of sardines. However, my dogs would love this!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Surprisingly these didn't stink out the oven *too* much, but we have used sardines in the past that have

      Delete
  4. I've never tried cooking or making treats w/ sardines. Golden Thanks for sharing. Happy Tasty Tuesday. Golden Woofs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should try sardines if you love fishy flavours!

      Delete
  5. If I can find rice flour, these are going to be a hit around my house!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sure you could use regular flour, but the whippet mama has allergies so we used rice flour

      Delete
  6. Tasty indeed! Mmm! Don't they look GREAT?

    Lots of Woofs from Earl, Ethel and I at Earl's World!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Natural treats are the best - right? I know one lady on FB makes lovely treats for those with no culinary skills but make your own YUM!!

    ReplyDelete